How does the test work?
The CNS FoodPrint® 200+ service utilizes a new, state of the art immunoassay based on microarray technology to detect food-specific IgG antibodies.
Food extracts are 'printed' onto nitrocellulose pads on a glass microscope slide, together with calibration standards and controls. A blood sample provided by the patient is diluted and dispensed onto each printed microarray.
Food IgG antibodies, if present, bind to the food extracts. The bound food IgG antibodies are subsequently detected through the use of other immunoassay reagents which generate a blue color in the presence of the food IgG antibodies. The density of this blue color is measured using a high resolution scanner.
The results generated by the scanner are then calibrated against the standards using the FoodPrint® reporting software to give quantitative results. This software then produces a tailor-made printout of the final food IgG antibody result for each food on the requested food panel.
The FoodPrint® 200+ test is carried out on a blood sample collected from a finger-prick into the CNS heparinised blood collection tube. The antibody reactivity associated with each food can be compared to allow the practitioner to devise an optimal dietary regime based on food antibody level.The results are given in U/ml.
Sample requirements and turnaround:
A simple pin-prick blood spot sample is all that's required.
Results are available within 10 working days of sample receipt.
FoodPrint® reports are prepared in a Group format where results from similar types of foods are listed together.
- The FoodPrint® Group Report presents the results of each food group together (e.g. fish, fruit).
- Each food is classified under the Avoid, Borderline or No Reaction column.
- Foods under the Avoid column should be avoided for a period of 2-3 months after which time they can be re-introduced one by one.
- Intake of foods in the Borderline category should be moderated.
- If symptoms return when a particular food is re-introduced, remove that food from the diet.
Food Sensitivity Test 200+
- Brand: Detox Lab
- Product Code: FS200
- Availability: In Stock
Tags: Food Sensitivity Testing